Here at Graph Earth, we are working hard to bring you new Google Earth (KML/KMZ) thematic maps and visualizations. With the early releases of our application, we have brought you:
- Four basic 3D graph / map types (bar, chloropleth, prism and territory)
- Embedded statistics and descriptions (global and local)
- Embedded 2D Charts (via Google Charts)
- Screen overlays which allow you to show customized legends, titles and organization graphics (logo)
- A simple spreadsheet style interface
- No need for a GIS, no need to supply shapefiles (.shp), KML/KMZ or database for geometry
- Support for KML rendering by country, state, county, city and zip code
- Support for multiple identifiers such as USPS code, FIPS code or region name.
Description of Survey Options
- Coverage Map - This type of map is used to simply group regions and assign colors. A good use of a coverage map would be to show regional availability of a product or service.
- Embedded Video - The capability to embed YouTube videos inside a region's bubble along with embedded descriptions, statistics and charts.
- Territory Map - This thematic map type shows territories assigned to individual company representatives. The legend could include names, unique colors or optional photographs of employees.
- More Spreadsheet Functions - An increase in common functions between Graph Earth and typical spreadsheet applications such as Excel, Open Office and Google Docs.
- More Embedded Charts - The Addition of other 2D charts such as line, area, scatter and candlestick.